EPGBA will host Youth Night at the EP Varsity girls home game vs. Eau Claire Memorial this Friday. The 10th Grade (AC) and Jr. Varsity (Main Gym) teams tip-off at 5:30 p.m and the Varsity tip-off is at 7:00 p.m. Activities include:
* all EPGBA in-house and travel players are invited and admitted FREE – a listing of players for all teams are at the admissions table. Please make sure you check-in.
* wear your EP basketball jersey or shooter shirt, and bring a poster or two to show your support for your Big Sister or the Lady Eagles!
* it’s an EPGBA “Flashback” - travel tournament t-shirts will be handed out FREE, plus we have a FREE gift for every EPGBA player who attends!
* all EPGBA in-house and travel players should plan to arrive by 6:45 p.m. Players are asked to line up around the court prior to the singing of the National Anthem and “High-5” the starting lineup.
* Half-time will feature announcement of our 2014 summer program award recipients and our 3rd Annual Bean Bag Toss!
* After the game, all EPGBA players are invited to attend a post-game Pizza Party with the EPHS players and coaching staff in the South Commons Cafeteria (lower level, North Entrance). Party will end by 10:00 p.m.
In order to make sure we have enough pizza, we are asking all EPGBA parents to register their daughter/s for the party (players only).
EPGBA is forming a spring travel league for girls in current grades 3-8. For those new to "spring ball" it is similar to the travel season, but with a much greater emphasis on individual skill development and improvement. It is open to all abilities and experience levels. Our Spring Program is designed to give all Eden Prairie girls interested in developing their game and continuing to play an opportunity to do that. The program is for both in-house players (currently in 3rd grade or higher) to experience what travel basketball is like and for our experienced travel players to focus on skills and drills unique to their needs. Here is a summary of the program:
* Teams will have 2 practices per week, attendance not mandatory as many girls have other activities - it's structured in a "make what you can" format.
* Teams will compete in MYAS tournaments, scheduled around team/player's weekend availability.
* Practices will begin March 16th and season will end by mid-May (dependent on how many tournaments each team registers for).
* Girls within the same grade who are currently playing on different teams can form into a team - if coaches need assistance with team formation, Chad Flies is available to help.
* Cost for the league will cover court rental fees for practices and tournament entry fees.
If your daughter is interested in participating in the EPGBA Spring League, please Click Here to register.
Should you have any questions please contact:
If your daughter is a current travel player: Chad Flies,
If your daughter is a current in-house player: Denny Tape,